Saturday, December 12, 2015

What I'm Reading: December 12, 2015 Edition

Hey yall! I mentioned before that I was reading A Christmas Carol, well, I changed my mind. I just can’t manage to sink into it and get lost in it like I normally do. So, I gave up on it. But that’s ok because I’ve read it before, it may have been years ago, but I’ve read it. This week I found myself gravitating toward self help books. Mainly Marie Kondo’s The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up and the Make Over Your Mornings ecourse by Crystal Paine.


One of the first steps in the MOYM course is to tell someone you are committed to doing the course at a certain time each day. Well, I’m letting everyone reading this know, I am committing myself to reading the workbook and watching the videos for the next 14 days each evening at 8:30, or as soon as I put my daughter to bed.


I’ve also been reading other people’s blogs about blogging so I could become better at blogging. Let me just say, there’s a lot of good information out there and a lot of underdeveloped information. Some people would say you need to do things, but not show you how. But I did find some really good blogs, especially The Budget Mama. She may be known for writing about financial matters, but her posts about blogging gave me some really good insights.

The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life (Before 8AM) by Hal Elrod was recently recommended to me. I’m adding that to my list of To Be Read. In the meantime, does anyone have any comments about it? Also, I’m open to any suggestions to add to my TBR list.

3 comments:

  1. I've been reading and re-reading The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up off and on all year and have parts of my house KonMari-ed. Methinks this would be a much easier task if I didn't have a house of 5 people. 5 people have a LOT of stuff. It's something you know, but you don't really KNOW until you're trying to scale massive piles of stuff.

    I'll have to look up the MOYM course! That sounds very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how you do it all with 5 people! And thank you so much for posting about KonMari and recommending The Miracle Morning!

      Delete
    2. OMG, I know!! I think they do need to be on the bandwagon too or you're sunk. I don't try to KM my husband's stuff, but I do talk my kids into it. LOL mean mom. This is something I'm hoping will be tackled more in 2016.

      You are very welcome!! I've really enjoyed The Miracle Morning! :)

      Delete